Moving can be a stressful process for anyone. Still, it’s especially true for seniors moving into independent living in Jacksonville, Florida who must decide what to bring with them. Encourage your loved ones and help them make a list of what’s essential and what isn’t. Here’s what to bring to your new Jacksonville independent living apartment.
If you can obtain the square footage and design of the home before moving day, you will find it much easier to begin the packing process. Your loved one must be able to transport their prized possessions, such as favorite furnishings and sentimental things, into their new living area.
Knowing how much space you’ll have available will enable you to assist your loved ones in making more informed judgments about what can accompany them. In general, you should bring the following items to your new assisted living Jacksonville, Florida community:
- End tables, nightstands, sofa, and chairs
- Guest folding chairs
- Dishes, glasses, and cutlery are examples of kitchenware
- Bedding includes a comforter, quilt, and decorative pillows
- Knick-knacks and mementos
Photographs and Artwork in Frames
It’s crucial to make your loved one’s atmosphere feel as “homey” as possible, but don’t over-pack these possessions. Because their new living area will most likely be smaller than their old one, develop a list of the most important objects.
- Appliances (if not provided) – microwave, coffeemaker, and mini-fridge
- Timer for the alarm
- Hangers for clothes
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, and canes/walkers are examples of assistive devices
- For a quick clean, use cleaning wipes
- Radio and television
- Books and magazines that you enjoy reading
Assisted living facilities in Jacksonville, Florida may be able to provide some necessities, so check first to see what your loved one may already have.
- Sweatpants, jeans, and sweaters are all good options
- Robes and pajamas
- Socks, slippers, and shoes
- Jackets and warm coats are recommended
For exceptional occasions, formal attire is appropriate. Bring a range of outfits appropriate for the climate where your loved one will be staying.
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Shampoo and soap
- Lotions and a razor
Again, most assisted living facilities in Jacksonville, Florida offer a wide range of services and amenities, so gather a list of what will be available before making a special trip to the store for supplies.