Our brand-new Memory Care Center supports those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia with Memory Care and Assisted Living services in areas custom‑designed to fit their needs. The Memory Care Center features 32 innovative, private apartments and specialized spaces for support, and consists of small, secure neighborhoods with home‑like living and gathering areas, a large exterior courtyard and a memory garden.
Supportive Engagement Programming
Our unique Memory Care programs are designed on a Montessori method to ensure their support is personalized and engaging.
- We offer residents a specialized program to support cognition.
- We encourage residents to participate in meaningful, effective and engaging activity.
- Our aim is to preserve their independence and provide the assurance of quality care.
The Westminster Difference
The new neighborhood is an expansion of Westminster Woods on Julington Creek, a Life Plan Community in Jacksonville serving more than 450 residents with Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Nursing Care, Rehabilitation and more. Our philosophy of Person-Centered Care offers a customized approach to providing support while maintaining dignity and individuality through lifestyle transitions. We are committed to offering your loved ones the highest quality of person-centered care.
Our Services and Amenities
- Personalized engagement programming based on the Montessori method
- Customized “Small Bites” dining program
- Support with functional tasks like grooming and dressing
- Games and puzzles
- Baking and cooking activities
- Arts and crafts
- Beauty salon and barber shop on site
- Home-like personal spaces for family visits and socializing
- Family-style dining with open kitchen to encourage familiarity of dining experiences
- Tactile stimulation exercises
- Lifestyle stations to practice familiar housekeeping tasks, including sorting and folding laundry and washing